When you post your assessment up!!

Please include your name, the movie and your ID number in the title! Also, please use the LABELS section for the post.

E.g. for title:
Mia - 4030 - Lost in Translation

E.g. for labels:
Lost in Translation, loneliness, analysis

Thursday, April 1, 2010

District 9

Recently, I viewed a movie which is “District 9”. Before I viewed it, I had though this movie would be a science fiction movie like serious type of “Mars Attacks”. Yes, it was a science fiction movie and a serious movie. But it was totally different to “Mars attacks”. It was about a man who was accidently getting changed to an alien. He wanted to return to normal person. But pitiably, the treatment was in aliens’ planet. Also this movie showed his changed body and attitude on aliens during the movie. The alien that went back to their planet had promised to come back 5years later for saving and curing him before left him. He fought to people who intended to kill or investigate aliens and him. The last scene gave me strong impression. The metal rose which the man made and sent to his wife still showed his love for her even though his whole body was changed to an alien. The alien’s promise and his change left possibility of next series. The main actor’s realistic acting made me search his filmography.
The group of aliens in district 9 reminded me of racism and shunned people’s actuality by mainstream in our real world. I think this movie was quite good.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this movie. I thought it was one of the most original movies I saw last year - clever and different. The way it gave the impression of being a documentary was a definite highlight

    ReplyDelete