When you post your assessment up!!

Please include your name, the movie and your ID number in the title! Also, please use the LABELS section for the post.

E.g. for title:
Mia - 4030 - Lost in Translation

E.g. for labels:
Lost in Translation, loneliness, analysis

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I have some questions about "CAST AWAY"


About 2 weeks ago I watched the movie "Cast away" on TV. Actually I viewed that film 3~4 times. But I didn't finish to watch it. I always missed the last part of the film. When the last part was shown, I had to go somewhere or someone visited to my home, or the place was not enough to watch whole film so had to stop watching it.

Anyway, this time I could watch whole film but I was little bit curious Tom Hanks’s last decision. It was not so clear for me but it gave me little intimation. I caught the new Wilson ball in his car. He stood at the crossroad and looked at a map. He seemed to go back to the Island. So here are some questions. I ask anyone who knows clearly what this scene is about and what the meaning of last parcel is. I simply thought he gave up his hope as putting the parcel in front of the house. Because when he escaped the island, only his hope was his wife and going back to his normal life with his wife. But he lost his hope when he met his wife and found out she was re-married. Anyway I will wait for the answer if my guesses are right or other meaning is there which I missed. Thanks!


PS. When he let Wilson go, I had empathy with him. His voice still linger in my ears.”WILSON I am sorry!!” It was sad.

1 comment:

  1. This isn't much help, because it's been such a long time since I saw the movie. I'd need to rewatch it to make a proper comment.
    BUT, if I remember it right, I think the whole thing was that by delivering a package he shows that there is still a level of completeness. Hollywood movies like a sense of closure, that shows that circles can be completed and that there are purposes to things we do. The attempted delivery is like that. It seems whimsy after his years of isolation (which were far more important to his life).

    ReplyDelete